What is Minelert Asset Location System (ALS)?
The value of tracking valuable equipment results in decrease of losses due to the Mine knowing who to keep accountable for specific losses. Knowing asset movement and the location of assets, such as material cars and special tools (like explosive mixers) will increase accountability of the inventory holder to ensure the proper use and care of equipment. All and any asset can be tagged to monitor usage, allocations and movement and can include rock winches, hand-held rock drills and scanning equipment to mention a but a few.
The high volume of material cars in use in underground track-bound mining poses challenges of it’s own. The Minelert ALS can easily assist the business user with:
- Make material car transitions accurately visible
- Non-compliance of material car transitions to surface within legally required time limits i.e. explosives cars
- Potential losses of assets by not/or slow transitioning back to surface
- Accurate material car availability, movement direction and locations to identify direction of deliveries to face and back
- Planners, Schedulers, and Mine Captains losing sight of materials to be delivered to specific work faces
- Automated Banksman Logbook when Banksman is equipped properly
- Ensure all material cars are brought back to surface for maintenance and cleaning purposes. A lot of maintenance work is due to material cars being left underground in caustic environments resulting in bearing rust and losses.